I am emerging from my Holiday haze, and noticing the annual increase in ads for gyms and diet plans. Overindulging during the holiday season seems par for the course, and the New Year is the obvious time to make big changes, right?
The thing is, trying to make too many changes at once is overwhelming, and pressuring yourself to make all these changes coincide with the New Year can set you up for failure.
Every day can be New Year’s day – any time is a good time to make a change. I’m not saying you can’t start first thing Friday morning. I’m saying you can start today. Or next week. Or yesterday. It doesn’t matter. Maybe this week you get back on the treadmill a few minutes each day. That’s a good change! After that becomes habit, you get your weights back out, and start some resistance training. Small steps give better results than a complete overhaul at once.
Happy New Year from BCF! May it be a healthy one; the first of many.
Not sure where to start? That’s what Brian is here for!
In which case, you are still welcome to enjoy the posts here, as often as you like. It makes Melissa feel useful.
Here’s why you might:
– If you live in an area where no personal trainers are available, or their prices are prohibitive.
– If you have questions that can’t be answered by unreliable information from the web.
– If you have an injury or physical challenge that requires special attention.
– If you are confused about what constitutes the healthiest food choice for you.
– If your current fitness program is no longer giving you any results.
– If you would like to be able to contact someone at any time, and know you will receive an answer within 24 hours.
– If you must or prefer to remain at home, and make your changes in your own familiar environment.
A Fitness Consultant knows and respects your goals, and will take every aspect of your lifestyle into consideration when making recommendations for you. Brian can help you no matter how near or far you are.